Sunday, May 31, 2009
According to the Guiness Book of World Records, this is officially the 'World's Hardest Tongue Twister'. It just goes to show that sometimes the ones looking the most simple are often indeed the best.
The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.
Try saying that one 3 times with speed!
Some of course you can just see coming, like this one:
Our Joe wants to know if your Joe will lend
our Joe you Joe's banjo. If your Joe won't
lend our Joe your Joe's banjo our Joe won't
lend your Joe our Joe's banjo when our Joe
has a banjo!
Of course some of the lengthier ones look reasonably simple and aren't so bad to start with, but do catch you in the end like the old:
One-One was a racehorse.
Two-Two was one, too.
When One-One won one race,
Two-Two won one, too.
And who remembers the old guaranteed every time....
Red leather! Yellow leather!
And of course we couldn't leave this one out! (best not said aloud with little kiddies in the room!)
I'm not the pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's son,
And I'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant pluckers come!
So what has been your favourite tongue twister of all time?
- A cow has four stomaches.
- Cows spots are like snowflakes there are never two with the same pattern of spots.
- Hindus worship cows in India. Sacred cows?
- Evil Cows? In Cow-lumbia the world's murder capital the vilolence has spread to cows. A cow stepped on the trigger of a loaded rifle left by one of the workers and shot another cow in the head!
- What exactly is a cow some ask. A cow is a mature female of the bovine animals. A male is a bull And a young bovine is a calf.
- Have you heard of The Mutant Finger Cows
- 1611 Cows arrive to America brought by pilgrims
- 1624 Cows reach Jamestown
- Proof that cows made it to the moon before man
- Did you know that each day a dairy cows eats:
- 28 lbs. corn silage, 12.64 lbs alfalfa hay, 8.41 lbs barley, 4.33 lbs wheat bran, 3 lbs beet pulp, 5.5 lbs cottonseed, .75 lb fat, .12 lb salt, .5 lb minerals/vitamins, 255 lbs water (30 gallons) tat's almost a bathtub full
- Exploding Cows? Operators of feed lots in Iowa faced a new problem eploding cows!! The extreme heat causes gases to rapidly expand in animals shortly after they die of heat-related distress. The cows in most cases explode. You have to pick the cows up right away or you'll have to pick up the peices.
- A cow weighs 1400 pounds thats like 10-25 times what we weigh
- Did you know cows are not indigenous to America. Columbus brought some with him on his second voyage. It became a law that each ship had to have one cow for every five people.
Everyone know about alcohol. Alcohol is an ingredient in every beer, wain or other drink that give us drunk and unconcious for a few moment.
There are many factors that can lead to a drug relapse. Here are the most common alcohol and drug relapse risk factors.
- Being in the presence of drugs or alcohol, drug or alcohol users, or places where you used or bought chemicals.
Feelings we perceive as negative, particularly anger; also sadness, loneliness, guilt, fear, and anxiety.
Positive feelings that make you want to celebrate.
Getting high on any drug.
Listening to war stories and just dwelling on getting high.
Suddenly having a lot of cash.
Using prescription drugs that can get you high even if you use them properly.
Believing that you no longer have to worry (complacent). That is, that you are no longer stimulated to crave drugs/alcohol by any of the above situations, or by anything else – and therefore maybe it’s safe for you to use occasionally.
Here I attached the effects of drinking alcohol:
- Guys don’t actually look after good-looking girls. they prefer neat and presentable girls.
- Guys hate other flirts.
- A guy can like you for a minute, and then forget you afterwards.
- When a guy says he doesn’t understand you, it simply means you’re not thinking the way he is.
- Are you doing something?” or “Have you eaten already?” are the first usual questions a guy asks on the phone just to get out from stammering.
- Guys may be flirting around all day but before they go to sleep, they always think about the girl they truly care about.
- When a guy really likes you, he’ll disregard all your bad characteristics.
- Guys go crazy over a girl’s smile.
- Guys will do anything just to get the girl’s attention.
- Guys hate it when you talk about your ex-boyfriend.
- When guys want to meet your parents. Let them. …….dont think so
- Guys want to tell you many things but they can’t. And they have one habit to gain courage and spirit to tell you many things and it is drinking! but do not generalise
- Guys cry!!!
- Don’t provoke the guy to heat up. Believe me. He will.
- Guys can never dream and hope too much.
- Guys usually try hard to get the girl who has dumped them, and this makes it harder for them to accept their defeat.
- When you touch a guy’s heart, there’s no turning back.
- Giving a guy a hanging message like “You know what?!..uh…never mind!” would make him jump to a conclusion that is far from what you are thinking.
- Guys go crazy when girls touch their hands……yeh rite - watever.
- Guys are good flatterers when courting but they usually stammer when they talk to a girl they really like.
- When a guy makes a prolonged “umm” or makes any excuses when you’re asking him to do you a favor, he’s actually saying that he doesn’t like you and he can’t lay down the card for you.
- When a girl says “no”, a guy hears it as “try again tomorrow”. ……so true.
- You have to tell a guy what you really want before he gets the message clearly.
- Guys hate gays!
- Guys love their moms.
- A guy would sacrifice his money for lunch just to get you a couple of roses.
- A guy often thinks about the girl who likes him. But this doesn’t mean that the guy likes her.
- You can never understand him unless you listen to him.
- If a guy tells you he loves you once in a lifetime. He does.
- Beware. Guys can make gossips scatter through half of the face of the earth faster than girls can.
- Like Eve, girls are guysâ€™ weaknesses.
- Guys are very open about themselves.
- It’s good to test a guy first before you believe him. But don’t let him wait that long.
- No guy is bad when he is courting
- Guys hate it when their clothes get dirty. Even a small dot.
- Guys really admire girls that they like even if they’re not that much pretty.
- Your best friend, whom your boyfriend seeks help from about his problems with you may end up being admired by your boyfriend.
- If a guy tells you about his problems, he just needs someone to listen to him. You don’t need to give advice…….very true.
- A usual act that proves that the guy likes you is when he teases you.
- A guy finds ways to keep you off from linking with someone else
- Guys love girls with brains more than girls in miniskirts. ……..sumtimes
- Guys try to find the stuffed toy a girl wants but would unluckily get the wrong one.
- Guys virtually brag about anything.
- Guys cannot keep secrets that girls tell them.
- Guys think too much.
- Guys’ fantasies are unlimited.
- Girls’ height doesn’t really matter to a guy but her weight does!……very true.
- Guys tend to get serious with their relationship and become too possessive. So watch out girls!!!
- When a girl makes the boy suffer during courtship, it would be hard for him to let go of that girl.
- It’s not easy for a guy to let go of his girlfriend after they broke up especially when they’ve been together for 3 years or more.
- You have to tell a guy what you really want before getting involved with that guy.
- A guy has to experience rejection, because if he’s too-good-never-been-busted, never been in love and hurt, he won’t be matured and grow up.
- When an unlikable circumstance comes, guys blame themselves a lot more than girls do.
- They could even hurt themselves physically.Guys have strong passion to change but have weak will power.
- Guys are tigers in their peer groups but become tamed P**** with their girlfriends…..sumtimes depends wen they want sumat.
- When a guy pretends to be calm, check if he’s sweating. You’ll probably see that he is nervous.
- When a guy says he is going crazy about the girl. He really is.
- When a guy asks you to leave him alone, he’s just actually saying, “Please come and listen to me”……sumtimes.
- Guys don’t really have final decisions.
- When a guy loves you, bring out the best in him.
- If a guy starts to talk seriously, listen to him….very important.
- If a guy has been kept shut or silent, say something.
- Guys believe that there’s no such thing as love at first sight, but court the girls anyway and then realize at the end that he is wrong.
- Guys like femininity not feebleness.
- Guys don’t like girls who punch harder than they do.A guy may instantly know if the girl likes him but can never be sure unless the girl tells him.
- A guy would waste his time over video games and football, the way a girl would do over her romance novels and make-ups.
- Guys love girls who can cook or bake. ….they love u regardless.
- Guys like girls who are like their moms. No kidding!……true but only wen the guys are ready 2be settled down.
- A guy has more problems than you can see with your naked eyes.
- A guy’s friend knows everything about him. Use this to your advantage.
- Don’t be a snob. Guys may easily give up on the first sign of rejection.
- Don’t be biased. Try loving a guy without prejudice and you’ll be surprised.
- Girls who bathe in their eau de perfumes do more repelling than attracting guys.
- Guys are more talkative than girls are especially when the topic is about girls.
- Guys don’t comprehend the statement “Get lost” too well.
- Guys really think that girls are strange and have unpredictable decisions but still love them more.
- When a guy gives a crooked or pretentious grin at your jokes, he finds them offending and he just tried to be polite.
- Guys don’t care about how shiny their shoes are unlike girls.
- Guys tend to generalize about girls but once they get to know them, they’ll realize they’re wrong.
- Any guy can handle his problems all by his own. He’s just too stubborn to deal with it.
- Guys find it so objectionable when a girl swears.
- Guys’ weakest point is at the knee.
- When a problem arises, a guy usually keeps himself cool but is already thinking of a way out.
- When a guy is conscious of his looks, it shows he is not good at fixing things.
- When a guy looks at you, either he’s amazed by you or he’s criticizing you.
- When you catch him cheating on you and he asks for a second chance, give it to him.
- But when you catch him again and he asks for another chance, ignore him.
- If a guy lets you go, he really loves you.
- If you have a boyfriend, and your boy best friend always glances at you and it obviously shows that he is jealous whenever you’re with your boyfriend, all I can say is your boy best friend loves you more than your boyfriend does.
- Guys learn from experience not from the romance books that girls read and take as their basis of experience.
- You can tell if a guy is really hurt or in pain when he cries in front of you!
- If a guy suddenly asks you for a date, ask him first why.
- When a guy says he can’t sleep if he doesn’t hear your voice even just for one night, hang up. He also tells that to another girl. He only flatters you and sometimes makes fun of you.
- You can truly say that a guy has good intentions if you see him praying sometimes.
- Guys seek for advice not from a guy but from a girl.
- Girls are allowed to touch boys’ things. Not their hair!
- If a guy says you’re beautiful, that guy likes you.
- Guys hate girls who overreact. ……sumtimes.
- Guys love you more than you love them IF they are serious in your relationships.
In Thailand, 81% of young people ages 13-17 said that the pictorial warnings made them think more about the health impact of smoking.
If you’d like your government to implement pictorial warnings on tobacco packages, encourage your representative to follow recommendations from WHO. More information can be found in the World No Tobacco Day 2009 brochure here.
Friday, May 29, 2009
1) Regularly check the air filter The key to fuel economy is to use a clean air filter in your vehicle. This is because the air filter which is dirty can restrict the flow of air into the engine which reduces the engine performance and economy. Its not difficult to change and check air filters. Just hold the air filter in front of the sunlight and if you see light is not coming through than you need a new air filter. Its better you use K&N or similar type of air filters which are cleaned rather than changed. They are much better than throwing away paper filters as they are less restrictive and also better for the environment. 2) Regularly keep on checking the tire pressure People often ignore under inflated-tires which is the real cause of Crummy MPG (measure of fuel efficiency). You must buy a most reliable tire gauge and check the tires when they are cold and try and keep them inflated properly. You need to check the tires when they are cold because the tires get warmed up while driving and thus increasing the pressure. 3) Lower your vehicle speed. This is already proven that increase in speed of a vehicle decreases fuel economy frequently. Just try and lower your speed and you will certainly save a lot of fuel and your journey will not be longer. 4) Make use of trucks You have often noticed that in traffic jams vehicles like cars show lot of variation in speed. Sometimes its speed up and slow down immediately. This consumes a lot of fuel and not good for fuel economy. On the other hand a truck tend to move along at the same leisurely pace. This helps in saving fuel. Also a truck uses diesel engine and diesel engines use almost no fuel while idling. 5) Drive smoothly and accelerate with care When you drive your vehicle smoothly without break up speeds it saves fuel energy and also lower vehicle emissions. Try and accelerate your vehicle slowly not like young kid who plays with the vehicle by jackrabbit starts. Make sure you change gears to higher level at times when your vehicle is at low speed. If you think your car is equipped with overdrive than you should make use of it at the appropriate speeds. Try and avoid sudden starts and stops which consumes lot of fuel. So take care in driving and save fuel and thus save energy protecting environment. 6) Turn back to nature If you are using air conditioner in your vehicle than shut it down and open the windows and let the fresh air come in. There may be tad warmer but it will certainly save fuel when the speed is quite low. But a higher speed air conditioner may be more efficient. Depending on that you can react accordingly and save your fuel and save bucks. 7) Avoid having to stop. If approaching a red light, see if you can slow down enough to avoid having to actually stop (because you reach the light after it is green). Speeding up from 5 or 10 miles per hour will be easier on the gas than starting from full stop. 8) Clean out your car The more weight your car has to haul, the more gas it needs to do the work. If you're the type who takes a leisurely attitude towards car cleanliness -- and I definitely fall into that group -- periodically go through your car and see what can be tossed out or brought into the house. It doesn't take much to acquire an extra 40 or 50 lbs. of stuff. 9) Out with the new, in with the old Many people keep their old cars around even after they buy a new one. A spare car, especially if it's an econobox, can be good insurance against temporary spikes in gas prices due to world events. The costs of keeping the car may or may not be less then the fuel saved, but it does allow for more predictability in your budget. My old beater doesn't look like much, but it goes 10 miles further on a gallon of gas than our regular car. For that, I can afford to look bad! 10) Don't drive Not a popular thing to say on a car site, I know, but the fact is that if you can avoid driving, you'll save gas. Take the train, carpool, and consolidate your shopping trips. Walking or biking is good for your wallet and your health. And before you get in your car, always ask yourself: "Is this trip really necessary?" 11) Use Fuel savers There are many fuel savers coming in the market. You can use E-Biogreen which saves fuel and energy when applied within your vehicle fuel tank. Please call me 019-5960282 for booking and purchasing E-Biogreen The Ultimate Fuel Saver.
1) Regularly check the air filter
The key to fuel economy is to use a clean air filter in your vehicle. This is because the air filter which is dirty can restrict the flow of air into the engine which reduces the engine performance and economy. Its not difficult to change and check air filters. Just hold the air filter in front of the sunlight and if you see light is not coming through than you need a new air filter. Its better you use K&N or similar type of air filters which are cleaned rather than changed. They are much better than throwing away paper filters as they are less restrictive and also better for the environment.
2) Regularly keep on checking the tire pressure
People often ignore under inflated-tires which is the real cause of Crummy MPG (measure of fuel efficiency). You must buy a most reliable tire gauge and check the tires when they are cold and try and keep them inflated properly. You need to check the tires when they are cold because the tires get warmed up while driving and thus increasing the pressure.
3) Lower your vehicle speed.
This is already proven that increase in speed of a vehicle decreases fuel economy frequently. Just try and lower your speed and you will certainly save a lot of fuel and your journey will not be longer.
4) Make use of trucks
You have often noticed that in traffic jams vehicles like cars show lot of variation in speed. Sometimes its speed up and slow down immediately. This consumes a lot of fuel and not good for fuel economy. On the other hand a truck tend to move along at the same leisurely pace. This helps in saving fuel. Also a truck uses diesel engine and diesel engines use almost no fuel while idling.
5) Drive smoothly and accelerate with care
When you drive your vehicle smoothly without break up speeds it saves fuel energy and also lower vehicle emissions. Try and accelerate your vehicle slowly not like young kid who plays with the vehicle by jackrabbit starts. Make sure you change gears to higher level at times when your vehicle is at low speed. If you think your car is equipped with overdrive than you should make use of it at the appropriate speeds. Try and avoid sudden starts and stops which consumes lot of fuel. So take care in driving and save fuel and thus save energy protecting environment.
6) Turn back to nature
If you are using air conditioner in your vehicle than shut it down and open the windows and let the fresh air come in. There may be tad warmer but it will certainly save fuel when the speed is quite low. But a higher speed air conditioner may be more efficient. Depending on that you can react accordingly and save your fuel and save bucks.
7) Avoid having to stop.
If approaching a red light, see if you can slow down enough to avoid having to actually stop (because you reach the light after it is green). Speeding up from 5 or 10 miles per hour will be easier on the gas than starting from full stop.
8) Clean out your car
The more weight your car has to haul, the more gas it needs to do the work. If you're the type who takes a leisurely attitude towards car cleanliness -- and I definitely fall into that group -- periodically go through your car and see what can be tossed out or brought into the house. It doesn't take much to acquire an extra 40 or 50 lbs. of stuff.
9) Out with the new, in with the old
Many people keep their old cars around even after they buy a new one. A spare car, especially if it's an econobox, can be good insurance against temporary spikes in gas prices due to world events. The costs of keeping the car may or may not be less then the fuel saved, but it does allow for more predictability in your budget. My old beater doesn't look like much, but it goes 10 miles further on a gallon of gas than our regular car. For that, I can afford to look bad!
10) Don't drive
Not a popular thing to say on a car site, I know, but the fact is that if you can avoid driving, you'll save gas. Take the train, carpool, and consolidate your shopping trips. Walking or biking is good for your wallet and your health. And before you get in your car, always ask yourself: "Is this trip really necessary?"
11) Use Fuel savers
There are many fuel savers coming in the market. You can use E-Biogreen which saves fuel and energy when applied within your vehicle fuel tank.
Please call me 019-5960282 for booking and purchasing E-Biogreen The Ultimate Fuel Saver.
Everyone maybe have a sad story that connected with others that might be our precious person or our foe. Try this tips that I ensure you can reduce any broken heart that happen to you.
Cry you heart out. Get a bag of tissue rolls and let your tears speak of what pain no one else could fully understand.
Call a trusted friend and confide to her your hurts. Cry again.
Rest for a while. Don’t let your tears dry out, it would be difficult later on if you run out of tears to release the heaviness you feel in your heart.
Call you mother, let her know how you’re planning to take vengeance with your ex.
Eat chocolate. Whoever says that life can’t be bittersweet?
Even if you don’t feel like it, go to the gym and hit that treadmill. Release all your pent up energies. You’ll feel better.
Have some more sleep, cuddle a cute teddy bear, the one your boyfriend did not give you!
Set your alarm clock to avoid oversleeping. Use three clocks if you must so you won’t cheat by turning it off and just going back to sleep. Put two clocks beyond your reach so you’d really need to get up to turn it off. (Don’t take sleeping pills!)
Search your all Dvd files and watch every comedy film you can find. I know, you’re almost sure you won’t laugh anyway, but just do this for the sake of doing something for now. Give Mr. Bean a chance okey?
Search your Dvds again. This time, look for tragic and war movies, films like “The Pianist” or “Schindler’s List”. You might feel a bit thankful after watching the terrible troubles of people living during those times.
Call another friend. Tell her to keep watch and just call you once in a while.
Search for pictures of your ex. Now you know what to do. Tear them into pieces!
Look for couples watching a lovely sunset. Then have the guts to tell one of them it aint gonna last!
Listen to sad stories of broken marriages. Be thankful you weren’t married to a good-for-nothing man.
Search the internet for pictures of starving children in Africa. Donate some money and maybe you’d feel a little better.
Eat your favorite cake.
Treat yourself to a SPA.
Have your hair fixed and wear a new style.
Go to a place where you can pay a fee for throwing out plates and breaking them to pieces.
Buy rock CDs and let them lull you to sleep. Or better yet, find a new apartment with annoying neighbors so you’d have reason to stay out late in the night when you can’t sleep.
Go shopping, buy those clothes you’ve always wanted to have.
Treat your friends to fine dining. They would feel a lot better, too!
Buy a pet.
Buy seeds and start some gardening.
Learn some photoshop and see how your ex would look like in 50 years. Yes I know, its disgusting. Of course you don’t need to photoshop your own picture, you’d stay younger now that he’s gone out of your life.
Watch a boring opera concert. You may not have fun, but atleast you’d fall asleep.
Burn your previous love letters.
Burn your memorabilia items.
Attend parties with cute guys.
Find yourself a new crush!
Surround yourself with children and play with them.
Go to the park and help the ice cream man sell his stuff to kids.
Go the home for the elderly. Let them talk to you what life is all about.
Read the lives of saints. See how happy they are even if they’re single.
Volunteer for charitable work.
Search your closet and mend your clothes.
Enroll in a cooking lesson and learn a new delicious dish.
Do Tai-chi or yoga.
Watch a sunrise.
Dance in the rain, just don’t overdo it and catch a cold.
Ask others to pray for you.
Look in the mirror and see how beautiful you really are.
Walk in the sand.
Run like children do.
Buy a punching bag, paste your ex’s picture there and keep on punching.
Get a sideline and keep yourself busy.
Start writing a diary.
Start a blog.
Go to your friend’s house and help with house cleaning.
Read books on how to heal a broken heart.
Make new friends.
Go to new places.
Shop at the mall.
Go to the park.
Write down the 10 things you wanted to do most in life (don’t include anything about your ex).
Write tips you’d give to your future daughter if she ever gets a broken heart.
Listen to inspirational music.
Paint. Learn to paint.
Watch some cartoons like Hello Kitty or Winnie the Pooh.
Watch horror movies.
Play a computer on-line role playing game and achieve the highest level of your avatar.
Call a tough but trusted friend who can force you to do things you don’t feel like doing.
Visit some children with cancer and try to entertain them.
Have regular brisk walks with a friend.
Buy incense and let it purify your surroundings.
Light a candle and let your prayer go up to heaven, to the ears of Him who hears all our cries.
Talk to someone who got over her heartache.
Join a musical band. It would be better if you’re the one playing drums.
Buy some of your favorite toys when you were a child.
Have some chicken soup.
Buy a comfortable blanket you can snuggle into at night.
Take a bath.
Have a footspa.
Change your perfume.
Write a short story.
Write a poem.
Ride the most fearful ride you could find at the carnival.
Hug a pauper.
Ask for hugs from family and friends. Three times a day would be nice
Buy balloons. Write in them your wishes and let them fly away.
Learn wall climbing.
Feed your pet. Remember the one I advised you to buy? If you don’t he might just be dying now, you know.
Start a collection. Stamps, shells, rare rocks, whatever collection you’d have the slightest interest in.
Buy twelve pencils. Break them one by one.
Buy crayons. Scribble anything you desire.
Read my website and find your daily spiritual inspiration (www.itakeoffthemask.com)
Go stargazing on a clear night.
Wish upon a star once again.
Embrace an old tree. Feel the spirit of its ancient life embracing you, too, making you feel safe.
Give an old lady a flower.
Play the flute.
Solve a difficult puzzle.
Pitcher Darold Knowles once pitched all seven games of one World Series
In a day, kids in the U.S. that are between the ages of 2 - 8 spend 28 minutes of their time coloring
The Ancient Greek women made a type of cheek blush by painting their cheeks with herbal pastes which was made out of crushed berries and seeds
Herbert Hoover, who was the 31st president of the United Stated, turned over all the Federal salary checks he received to charity during the 47 years he was in government
Macadamia nuts are not sold in their shells because it takes 300 pounds per square inch of pressure to break the shell
Japan has approximately 200 volcanoes and is home to 10% of the active volcanoes in the world
Before 1928, yo-yos used to be called bandalores in the United States
The only South East Asian country that has never been colonized by a Western Power is Thailand
In 1631, two London bible printers accidentally left the word "not" out of the seventh commandment, which then read, "Thou shalt commit adultery." This legendary book is now known as the "Wicked Bible."
The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar an England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes
Irish Wolfhound dogs have a short lifespan and live about 7-8 years
When Queen Elizabeth I of England died she owned over 3,000 gowns
Female alligators lay about 40 eggs that hatch in 60 - 70 days
The nickname for a Japanese businessmen is "Salarymen."
Emus cannot walk backwards
- Cover up. Wear long sleeves and tuck pants into socks or boots.
- Repel. When necessary, apply an insect repellent. The most effective products contain a chemical known as DEET. This should keep the swarming bugs and mosquitoes away, but will not protect against an angry bee. (Do not use DEET repellents on infants younger than 1 year old. For older children, use it sparingly and make sure the solution is very dilute — no more than 5 to 10 percent. Adults should avoid using strong solutions of DEET as well. If you use a more “natural” product, be prepared to apply it more frequently. Products such as citronella candles may be useful for campouts and picnics. Just be careful about fires.
- Physical avoidance. Stay away from known insect hangouts. Stay inside when insects come out in droves, such as at dawn and dusk.
- Do not invite them to dine. Keep outdoor food covered, especially strong-smelling and the sugary foods and drinks that wasps and bees adore. Clean up spills immediately. Seal up garbage cans tightly.
- A rose by any other name. Do you like perfumes and sweet-smelling shampoos and cosmetics? The bugs love them, too. Use unscented cosmetics and skip the fragrances.
- Be drab. Avoid wearing bright colors, floral prints and flashy jewelry. The insects will mistake you for a flower. People often wonder why insects seem more attracted to some people than others. It Is because of the scents and colors.
- Do not make them mad. It is true what they say about staying calm and quiet around bees. Certain flying, stinging insects will harass or attack you if you get them agitated. When angered, some insects emit airborne chemicals — pheromones — that bring others of their species flying in for reinforcement.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
This building is like our historic place called A Famosa at Malacca.Actually it is a house that being build for hiding or protected from bomb or wars. Hehhehe..Just Kidding.
This house indicated that the owner has interested in Jaws film. He put the replica of the shark as a trademark for his house. Believe it!!!
This being found at one areas that called Secret Garden. This UFO ship has been used as a house for a couple as their permanent house. This mean they are like Fiction Film such a E.T or Koi Mil Gaia.Hahaha
Believe it or not there are such a people like to stay alone in a peak of hill.. But i think it is personal reason to do so. Everyday he can see sunset and dawn from his house.
Weird Facts: Top 10 Most Popular Myths in Science
There is no gravity in space
Blame the term "zero-gravity" for this common misconception. Gravity is everywhere, even in space. Astronauts look weightless because they are in continuous freefall towards the Earth, staying aloft because of their horizontal motion. The effect of gravity diminishes with distance, but it never truly goes away. Oh, and while we're at it, it's also untrue that space is a vacuum. There are all kinds of atoms out there, albeit sometimes far apart (and this thin gas adds to the collective gravity budget, too!)
Humans use only 10 percent of their brains
This media darling has been around for at least a century. Fortunately, it's just not true. MRI imaging clearly demonstrates--with fancy colors no less--that humans put most of their cerebral cortex to good use, even while dozing.
Yawning is "contagious"
Empirically, this is tough to deny; perhaps you'll yawn while reading this. The real question is whether there's actually something physiological at work here, and the answer is likely yes: even chimpanzees mimic each other's yawns.
A penny dropped from the top of a tall building could kill a pedestrian
A penny isn't the most aerodynamic of weapons. A combination of its shape and wind friction means that, tossed even from the 1,250-foot Empire State Building, it would travel fast enough merely to sting an unlucky pedestrian.
Adults don't grow new brain cells
Much of a human's crucial brain development happens during childhood, but it isn't all downhill from there. Studies have shown that neurons continue to grow and change well into the adult years.
Chicken soup can cure the common cold
Cure is a strong word, but science suggests Moms around the world are still right in forcing spoonfuls of chicken soup down their kids' throats. Studies have found that the broth actually contains anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce congestion.
Eating a poppy seed bagel mimics opium use
Purveyors of this urban legend call on a popular Seinfeld episode for support. It turns out there's truth behind the comedy: tests suggest ingesting just two poppy seed bagels may produce a positive result for opiates on a drug screen.
Lightning never strikes the same place twice
In fact lightning favors certain spots, particularly high locations. The Empire State Building is struck about 25 times every year. Ben Franklin grasped the concept long ago and mounted a metal rod atop the roof of his home, then ran a wire to the ground, thereby inventing the lightning rod.
Chickens can live without a head
True, and not just for a few minutes. A chicken can stagger around without its noggin because the brain stem, often left partially intact after a beheading, controls most of its reflexes. One robust fellow lived a full eighteen months. Likely he was a real birdbrain, however.
Water drains backwards in the Southern Hemisphere due to the Earth's rotation
Not only is the Earth's rotation too weak to affect the direction of water flowing in a drain, tests you can easily perform in a few washrooms will show that water whirlpools both ways depending on the sink's structure, not the hemisphere.
1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
3. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
4. The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
5. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
6. There are more chickens than people in the world.
7. Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
8. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
9. On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.
10. All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
11. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
12. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
13. All 50 States are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
14. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
15. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
16. Maine is the only State whose name is just one syllable.
17. There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
18. The characters "Bert" and "Ernie" on Sesame Street were named after "Bert the cop" and "Ernie the taxi driver" in Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life."
19. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
20. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
21. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
22. In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
23. Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
24. Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula."
25. A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
26. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
27. A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
28. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
29. The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
30. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
31. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
32. Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
33. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
34. There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
35. "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
What Are the Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
In its early stages, breast cancer usually has no symptoms. As a tumor develops, you may note the following signs:
- A lump in the breast or underarm that persists after your menstrual cycle; often the first apparent symptom of breast cancer, breast lumps are painless, although some may cause a prickly sensation. Lumps are usually visible on a mammogram long before they can be seen or felt.
- Swelling in the armpit.
- Although lumps are usually painless, pain or tenderness in the breast can be a sign of breast cancer.
- A noticeable flattening or indentation on the breast, which may indicate a tumor that cannot be seen or felt.
- Any change in the size, contour, texture, or temperature of the breast; a reddish, pitted surface like the skin of an orange could be a sign of advanced breast cancer.
- A change in the nipple, such as an indrawn or dimpled look, itching or burning sensation, or ulceration; scaling of the nipple is symptomatic of Paget's disease, a localized cancer.
- Unusual discharge from the nipple that may be clear, bloody, or another color. It's usually caused by benign conditions but could be due to cancer in some cases.
- A marble-like area under the skin.
- An area that is distinctly different from any other area on either breast.
From the above statement, I want to share you one contest that promoting how dangerous of breast cancer and how to make the patient (breast cancer patient) live happily. Try apply this contest and won a contest
2) Keep your tires properly inflated and aligned. Car manufacturers must place a label in the car stating the correct tire pressure.
3) Change your oil as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Clean oil reduces wear caused by friction between moving parts and removes harmful substances from the engine.
4) Check and replace air filters regularly. Your car's air filter keeps impurities in the air from damaging internal engine components. Not only will replacing a dirty air filter improve your fuel economy, it also will protect your engine. Clogged filters can cause up to a 10 percent increase in fuel consumption
Here I want to recommend you a best Fuel Saver that can also enhance your car performance. Please go to this link. FUEL SAVER.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
1. Be thankful for your foul body odor. According to anthropologist Louis Leakey, it might be responsible for early man's survival. Leakey's theory claims that most predators avoided feasting on humans because our body odor was "too repugnant."
2. Not only did the ancient Egyptians give us pyramids and flush toilets, they also pioneered the field of deodorants. Egyptians were the first to popularize the idea of applying scents to armpits, usually using cinnamon and other spices that wouldn't turn rancid in the heat.
3. The Roman poet Ovid preferred a more proactive solution. In Book III of the Art of Love, he cautions women against carrying goats under their arms.
4. Antiperspirants are classified as drugs by the FDA. Technically, they affect and/or alter your body's natural functions.
5. The first modern brand of antiperspirant, EverDry, hit drugstores in 1903. The original formula was so acidic that it regularly ate through clothing.
6. Of course, modern antiperspirants can also ruin your clothing. Aluminum chloride, the ingredient that blocks glandular openings and prevents sweating, is notorious for turning T-shirts yellow. So, blame your antiperspirant for your pit stains, not your body.
7. Offensive body odor is actually illegal in libraries in San Luis Obispo County, California.
8. One thing modern antiperspirants don't do is cause degenerative diseases. Medical science has found no conclusive evidence that absorbing aluminum chloride through the skin can lead to memory loss or slurred speech.
9. Aoki, a Japanese company known for its menswear, has developed a deodorant suit that supposedly absorbs sweat and neutralizes odors all over the body.
10. But that's nothing! The greatest Japanese innovation in the fight against B.O. is Fuwarinka scented gum. The so-called "functional candy" contains aromatic compounds that cause your skin to release "Fresh Citrus" or "Fruity Rose" aromas for up to 6 hours after chewing.
11. When Kurt Cobain wrote the lyrics for Nirvana's breakout song "Smells Like Teen Spirit," he didn't know Teen Spirit was a popular deodorant brand. The Mennen Company, which produced the deodorant, wouldn't say whether the song caused sales to spike, but six months after the single debuted, Colgate bought the company for $670 million.
12. In May 2008, actor Matthew McConaughey revealed that he never uses deodorant or antiperspirant. The next day, he received a year's supply of deodorant body spray from the Axe Company, along with a note on why he might want to start.
Please follow this link to join the essay writing : UPSI CONTEST